TRADEMARKS AND COPYRIGHT
This website and its content is the copyright of Eurasia Foundation - © UPP 2015.
U.S. Russia University Partnership Program, Eurasia Foundation, and other names, and the accompanying logos and designs, all product names, and all page headers, custom graphics, and button icons created by or for Eurasia Foundation and contained on this website belong to Eurasia Foundation. These logos and design of the website are protected by law and may not be copied or imitated or used with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. No logo, graphic, sound, or image from the website may be copied or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by Eurasia Foundation.
To reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute or publicly display material from this website, you need written permission from EF. Users may view and download material from this website only for personal, educational, non-commercial home use. All rights reserved.
You are solely responsible for all content that you upload or post on the website or share with other users (the "User Content"). You may not post, transmit, or share User Content on the website that you did not create or that you do not have permission to post. By posting User Content on the website, you promise that you own any User Content that you post, or that you have obtained the necessary permission for its use. EF may, but does not have to, review the website and may refuse, delete, or remove (without notice) any User Content or other content on the website in its sole discretion, at any time, with or without prior notice or explanation and without liability, for any reason or no reason. This includes User Content that in the sole judgment of EF violates this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of users or others. You are responsible for ensuring that the User Content is true, up to date, complete, free from third parties’ claims.
You retain full ownership of all of your User Content. However, when you post User Content to the website, you are granting to EF an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully-paid, royalty-free, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part), and distribute such User Content. Without limitation, the license you grant includes the right to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, any User Content you post and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
USER CODE OF CONDUCT
You understand that the website is available for your personal, educational, non-commercial use only, and you agree not to use any portion of the website for commercial activities. You agree that you will not attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes a burden or load on our infrastructure. In addition, you agree not to use the website to:
• harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the website for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
• use the website in any unlawful manner, in a manner inconsistent with applicable laws and regulations of US, Russia, or the country in which you reside, or in any other manner that could damage or impair the website;
• use automated scripts to collect information from or interact with the website;
• upload or post any content that EF deems to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, tortious, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, lewd, excessively violent, sexually explicit, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
• impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
• upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any User Content that you do not have a right to make available (such as inside information, information belonging to another institution, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
• upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any User Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
• upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
• upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make publicly available any private information of any third party, including, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, Social Security numbers and credit card numbers or any information that creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
• collect personal data about other users
• upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
• intimidate, harass, or stalk another;
• harm minors in any way;
• upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute or encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
• disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the website are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
• interfere with or disrupt the website or servers or networks connected to the website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the website;
• upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of Eurasia Foundation, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the website, or which may expose Eurasia Foundation or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT
The website may contain links to other websites ("Third Party websites") as well as other content originating from third parties (the "Third Party Content"). Eurasia Foundation has no control over and is not responsible in any way for any Third Party websites or any Third Party Content available through the website, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices or other policies of or contained in the Third Party websites or the Third Party Content. Such Third Party websites are not necessarily investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy or completeness by Eurasia Foundation or UPP. Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use of any Third Party website or any Third Party Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by UPP or EF. If you decide to leave the website and access the Third Party websites or to use or rely on any Third Party Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any website to which you navigate from the website.
NO GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES
UPP, Eurasia Foundation and its affiliates make no warranties, express or implied, guarantees or conditions with respect to your use of its services. Neither EF nor any third parties provides any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and EF expressly excludes liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which EF shall not be liable. To the extent permitted under your local law, EF excludes any implied warranties, including for satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, workmanlike effort, and non-infringement. You may have certain rights under your local law. Nothing in this agreement is intended to affect those rights, if they are applicable.
You acknowledge that computer and telecommunications systems are not fault-free and occasional periods of downtime occur. EF does not guarantee the services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free or that content loss won will occur.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users and members of the website. EF reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the District of Columbia, USA. These Terms are made in English and may be provided to you for familiarization in another language. In case of discrepancies between the English and the foreign language versions of the Terms, the English language version will prevail.
Notices and procedure for making claims of intellectual property infringement. Eurasia Foundation respects the intellectual property rights of third parties. If you wish to send a notice of intellectual property infringement, including claims of copyright infringement, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EF may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective beginning January 8, 2015.
WHAT EF COLLECTS
EF may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postal code, preferences and interests
- University information and your affiliation to the institution
- Other information relevant to users surveys and/or offers
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Eurasia Foundation collects and uses the personal information you provide for the specific purposes for which you provide it, which is to access the services of the UPP.
EF also collects and uses information to notify you about new and existing content, events, or services, to inform you about UPP, its activities, programs, and missions, and to solicit your support of UPP. EF may also collect information regarding your activities on UPP/EF’s web site, including but not limited to information regarding the navigation paths you take. EF may also collect user population, demographic information, traffic patterns and other information about the online activities of users on an aggregate basis. If you no longer wish to receive additional such information about UPP and its programs, click here to send your request to have your information removed from EF’s database for these purposes.
MODIFICATIONS TO THE POLICY
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION