Registering an account with UPP gives you full access to a database of higher education institutions in Russia and the United States looking to create sustainable, bilateral academic partnerships with institutions in the opposite country. Using your UPP account, you can post projects to the UPP database, search for and communicate with potential partners, and get access to UPP partnership funding applications for developing new partnership projects.
Who Can Register a Project?
Accredited higher education institutions from the Russia and the United States and their representatives including professors, researchers and academic and administrative staff are eligible to register on the UPP website and post project profiles. Institutions may postmultiple projects.
Individual students are not permitted to post their own projects, but they may participate in the implementation of faculty or staff-created projects.
While faculty members are welcome to post projects focusing on their individual research interests, projects without wider departmental or institutional support will not be considered for project funding from UPP. Please see our Partnership Funding page for more details.
Registering with UPP involves two main steps:
- Account Creation: create a login and password for accessing your account.
- Project Profile Creation: enter the following information in English and Russian:
- General University Information: add basic information about the institution, including name, country, geographic location, website, enrollment size and degree levels offered.
- General Project Information: select the partnerships and academic fields of interest.
- Project Details: give a brief description and summary of the projects, as well as list any potential sources for additional funding.
- Contact Information: add a point of contact for further inquiries about the project.
Simply enter your information in the required fields and click the “Complete Registration” button. Once activated, your project profile will appear in our database and be searchable for other users.
To make the site equally accessible for both Russian and US institutions, users are required to fill out project profiles in both English and Russian. If your institution lacks the language capacity to do so, fill out as much as possible and then notify the UPP team by clicking the “I am unable to complete profile” box on the appropriate page. A UPP staff member will get in touch after you complete registration to discuss options for translation.
As part of joining the UPP website, you will receive an activation email. You must click on the activation link to complete the process. Don't see the email? Check your spam folder and mark UPP emails as 'not spam'. At UPP, we communicate primarily through email.
Once your project profile has been created, you can search for projects posted by other institutions on the UPP project database. Once you have made contact with a partner institution, you can submit a project funding proposal to UPP .